I’m a Software Systems Engineer currently living in Seattle, WA. I am passionate about architecting solutions that help connect users with technology and toolsets in simplified, meaningful, and more productive ways. I have recently developed full-stack business process management solutions, managed large-scale software migrations, and led a diverse team.
My other technical interests include systems engineering, networking, security, and advancements in renewable/green technologies.
I provide applications development and maintenance support for full-stack business process management (BPM) solutions, IT infrastructure technologies, process automation and workflows, and integration of third-party systems. I also serve as a development mentor and have previously managed a team of off-shore contractors.
These are some of my current projects:
- Query optimization and Elastic-stack cluster management (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat, Metricbeat)
- Process automation and workflows for IT infrastructure teams, using K2 Blackpearl, PowerShell, and .NET
- Business intelligence (building Power BI reports and dashboards) and maintaining a software certification catalog (SQL backend)
My other responsibilities include the coordination and management of migration projects for Windows desktop and server platforms, virtual infrastructure (VMware, VDI), and software distribution platforms (SCCM, JAMF).
- Automation of Active Directory (AD) user group membership management
- Database maintenance, tuning, and query optimization (SQL)
- Workflow, API, and integration development (K2 Blackpearl, .NET)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (MEMCM)
- Virtualization and container technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Puppet)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & Power BI
- Software, hardware, and vendor asset management
- Project and resource management
- Software and operating system packaging and deployment
Outside of the office, you will likely find me exploring the backcountry wilderness of the Pacific Northwest, balancing my love of food and drink with a low-FODMAP diet, enjoying new music, and otherwise keeping my geekdom credentials up-to-date.
Before relocating to the Pacific Northwest from Louisville, KY, I completed my graduate degree in computer engineering at the University of Louisville’s J.B. Speed School of Engineering. In the subsequent years, I have focused on growing new roots in the greater Seattle area. I occasionally write about my hiking and travel adventures at shoulderseason.net.